Thursday, March 19, 2020

I pull the blankets up to my chin. 
The cold pierces through all the layers.
I'm shivering. 
Unsure if it's the cold air and distance between 
Our bodies
Or the ice captivated within my chest. 

It's hard to tell. 
I want to know.

My body insists i pack up and leave
To avoid any discomfort.
This is all about you.
Isn't it?
Just leave and let him come to you later.

This isn't what i wanted. 
I don't believe in love. 
I just wanted sex and company. 
I want to be free. 
I don't want to think about relationships. 
Or how to make them work.
I want to free myself from visiting the neural pathways that are now seeking to 
Have electricity surging through
Them. 
They want to be awakened like a 
Mummy in a deep sleep. 
They remember how to do this
Each time
Every time
Fighting to be the primary emotions

How is it different this time 
How can i make it different this time
I don't want to be alone
I'm so tired
Of this
Or of that
I'm still unsure

I'm cold
I want to go home
Even still
Your body lies next to me
Exhaling softly
But my love for you has changed
Already the sinews
Snap and we are one
Apart.

Please don't leave
It's only just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment