Tuesday, April 28, 2020

onion

I used to wear layer upon layer,
Trying to hide who I was 
My shape
My form
My being
My light. 
Ultimately,
I was trying to bury my light so nobody would see me
I didn't want to be seen
Or made known
For fear of what others would say
In fear of what has been said before.

I will no longer bury the light
Or my form
 
I will continue to fight for my existence
And presence
To be known
And not in an arrogant way
But as a leader

My light will guide
My light does guide
Men, women, children

I fear no fate 
My light will guide, and heal, and fly me far from the binds that try to hold me down, while people attempt to spit in my face, or demoralize me. 
I will be far from it all. 
Because I've embraced, harnessed, stoked the flame
That lights the hottest fire
You could never imagine
Right inside
This tiny frame
With beating heart
And coursing veins
And bubbling blood
Dying to soak up every last bit of sun in these frail bones. 


No comments:

Post a Comment